Re: ACW Ballon (was: W.W. I Aircraft Kits & Techniques...)

David Takemoto-Weerts (dltakemotoweerts@franc.ucdavis.edu)
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:39:49 -0800

:

>On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Thomas Eisenhour wrote:
>
>> Bill Shatzer wrote:
>> >
>> >Well, perhaps not but there -was- one American Civil War aircraft kit
>> >produced.
>>
>> The balloon from the Disney film _Mysterious Island_, right? (Who
>> produced that kit anyway?)

I saw this kit, or a variation thereof, at a hobby shop in Sacramento
yesterday. It was way up high on a wall, and I didn't check price or much
else, but I think it said something like "Civil War Balloon 'Intrepid'". If
anyone is desperately seeking such, I can provide info on the shop.
David Takemoto-Weerts ph. 916/752-BIKE

Bicycle Program Coordinator fax 916/752-8875
Transportation & Parking Services e-mail
dltakemotoweerts@ucdavis.edu
University of California
Davis, CA 95616

District #3 Representative,
California Association of Bicycling Organizations (CABO)

_The views and opinions expressed are entirely my own_