ACW Ballon (was: W.W. I Aircraft Kits & Techniques...)

Boeke Joseph R (boeke@coral.bucknell.edu)
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 11:20:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Thomas Eisenhour wrote:

> Bill Shatzer wrote:
> >
> >Well, perhaps not but there -was- one American Civil War aircraft kit
> >produced.
>
> The balloon from the Disney film _Mysterious Island_, right? (Who
> produced that kit anyway?)

Well, I think you are on the right track, but in the late 70s didn't
Revell do a model of Thadeus Lowe's ballon (shoot, I can't remember the
name). I am sure that the Disney movie was based on Lowe's exploits.

I remember doing a diorama using the balloon, and several of Airfix's
plastic soldiers. I won a "junior" prize at a local contest. I wonder
if my Mom and Dad still have that diorama in their basement? Maybe I'll
check over Christmas...

Regards,

Joe
boeke@bucknell.edu

><
/\ MERRY JUDEO-CHRISTIAN WINTER SOLSTICE HOLIDAY ;)
/o \
/ o\ AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
/______\
_____II________ TO EVERYONE ON THE LIST.

P.S. Sorry about the Aeormaster add that I forwarded from usenet, it was
a case of an itch trigger finger on my "return" key.