[WWI] Yellow Pfalzes

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 20:02:49 EDT 2020

Just to keep the pot stirred...

I think it happened much as Diego said, but when Voss had the Oberusel
engine replaced with a captured LeRhone, the cowl came off and may well
have been painted Jasta 10 yellow at that time. That's my suggestion
that both sides of the argument were correct at a given point in time.

Now someone needs to come up with a date the engines were swapped, (soon
after or before delivery to Voss at Jasta 10), that precludes what I
suggested from having happened.

sp