[WWI] D.VIII wing insignia.

Patrick Cook FesterCook at msn.com
Tue Mar 31 07:59:09 EDT 2020

Thanks for the reply!  I did not know about the lozenge pattern still being visible through the paint scheme - that's interesting that you noticed that.

I did more research last night.  I found some photos of other aircraft at McCook Field in similar paint schemes (and in a similar time frame).  Most appeared to carry wing insignias but not all of them.  I found two photos of Fokker D.VII's with wing insignias and one photo of a Fokker V40 that did not have wing insignias.  So . . . some McCook Field aircraft aircraft had wing insignias and some did not.

I'm comfortable with the idea that there were no insignias on the bottom of the D.VIII wings so I will lean towards omitting them from the top wings as well.  Too bad, it would have looked cool.

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it!

Patrick C.
Atlanta, GA