[WWI] D.VIII wing insignia.

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 00:24:37 EDT 2020

Patrick,

Love the idea of doing the aircraft as it flew out of McCook Field. I
haven't seen any photos, but that doesn't keep me from having an opinion
:-) The plane would have had large Balkan Kreuz that may or may not have
been painted over. I think flying from McCook Field in 1919 or 1920;
markings would have been irrelevant, nobody to have seen them in the
air. I think it likely they just got on with their testing. A fancy way
of saying I don't know squat about your question, but worth pondering a
moment.

This is likely to be another of those aviation mysteries that lack proof
one way or another. Your guess is as good as anyone else's, so go for it.

sp