[WWI] Albatros D.I & Halbie D.II Colors - Opinions Sought...

BT orc51o at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 11:04:04 EDT 2020

Howdy Gang,

I love discussing the colors of these grainy black and white photos we are
all so familiar with.

Today's goal is to splash paint on the Halbie D.II. I've never subscribed
to the horizontal stripe camo across the top wing. To my eye that's just
light playing across the top of the airfoil.

So, It's getting the olive green and rust brown perpendicular camo
treatment.

Since I have paint in the jar I'll splash paint on the lamentable Prince
Fredrich Preussen's Albie D.I as well. I have some pistachio green picked
out for the fuse. I think it had the olive green & rust brown camo too. I
see something in the photos that appears to be lines of demarcation between
two colors. I will use the skull logo on a black background. The slacker in
me likes the idea of the whole airframe in pale green. But I don't think
that's how it really was.

Any suggestions for color choices? These have been on the SoD for many
years. I have long since forgotten which tins I intended on using...

I have attached examples of what I hope to accomplish today.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Sunday.

ß!

[image: Halbie.jpg]
[image: image.png]