[WWI] Art Scale Kits

Harris Contos hcontos at verizon.net
Sat Mar 28 22:53:53 EDT 2020

I am awaiting my first order from Art Scale, they've got attractive
prices and a good inventory for my interests.  I think they use a
low-cost international shipper out of the Netherlands, given the "NL"
appendage in the tracking no.  Modlehobbies.co.uk, another retailer,
uses them as well, not the swiftest.  Anyway, my point here is to say
you might find it advantageous to designate the Czech Koruna (Kč) as the
currency to pay in, at the top of their home page you can choose between
that, the Euro, and the USD.  I don't know why it should be, but for the
heck of it before placing my order initially denominated in USD it came
to something like $151, and then I reran it in CZK and it came out with
a dollar equivalent of $133 (I use xe.com for currency conversions)
which is what appeared on my credit card statement.  Somewhere along the
line I came across the recommendation always to pay in the native
currency whenever possible, rather than dollars.  Seemed to work this
time for me. -Harris