[WWI] Fok. E.V vs. D.VIII (Patrick Cook)

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 01:07:15 EDT 2020

The D.VIIIs that were in depot on what became Polish territory on
11/11/18 had the bracing wire on the wings, I did a 1:72 D,VIII in
polish colors that had the bracing wire. I got the location from a photo
of a Polish machine. The wire runs from the leading edge of the wing
directly in line with the aileron horn to about half way down the
leading undercarriage leg, across to the other leg and back up to the
other wing LE straight ahead of the aileron horn.

HTH

sp