[WWI] Fok. E.V vs. D.VIII (Patrick Cook)

MIKE VICE jmikl2957 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 27 00:48:11 EDT 2020

Patrick,
The E.V and the D.VIII were the same aircraft except that the D.VIII had strengthened wings.  However, before the E.Vs got pulled from the front there were some attempts to jury-rig the wing to strengthen it, by adding a bracing wire between the fuselage and the lower wing tip.  I've not seen an example, only the verbiage, so as the location your guess is as good as mine.  I'd try from a lower longeron above the rear undercarriage strut and a point on the wing about a frame in from the tip.
Anyone have a better guess or, preferably, a photo?
Mike