[WWI] SoD Cookup - Campbell

Roger Judd quakelord at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 05:31:40 EDT 2020

Thank you very much DV. That really helps. I knew the a/c were delivered unarmed & then some flew with one gun.I now know which gun to leave out on Campbell's 'plane. It must have been quite an experience meeting Douglas Campbell.I'm now under more pressure to make a good job of a really basic kit - ha!I'm reading 'Echoes of Eagles' by Charles Woolley about his father Charles H. Woolley of 95th Aero Sqn.He said that 3 pilots went on patrol as soon as they received their unarmed N.28's, accompanied by a French SPAD XIII.
PS The UK is now in almost complete lockdown. Essential travel only. Plenty time to build models!!!