[WWI] My SoD project

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 22 17:45:36 EDT 2020

I have a 1:48 Spin SVA 5. Fuselage is mostly done and that is all. Got
the flying surfaces primed in white and the undersides in CDL with red
and green tips. I went to decal the rudder and it disintegrated like the
Wicked Witch of the West on contact with water. I dutifully sprayed red
and green on pieces of clear decal paper, carefully cut the strips which
proceeded to curl right up. Now I am masking and spraying the rudder.
Got the green stripe too wide. Trying to cover green with white. This
may have to take a swim in the brake fluid and start all over.

So much plastic, so many mistakes to make. Which ones will I make today?

sp