[WWI] Future / Pledge

Clarence Wentzel cewentzel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 15:53:02 EDT 2020

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Steven Perry
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:23 PM
To: World War I Modeling Mailing List
Subject: [WWI] Future / Pledge

It has been years since I used clear acrylic to gloss coat a model prior
to applying decals. The Big, Ugly, highly ot model I am building for a
buddy has more little stencil decals than you can shake a stick at, so
the whole airframe needs to be highly glossed to prevent a hundred or so
little bits of silvered decal material all over it. This is my first use
of Pledge for this purpose as Future is no longer available as such.

I never noticed Future doing this, but as I sprayed light coats to build
up a good gloss without creating runs, immediately after carefully
spraying, the coat looks perfect and then a few minutes the Pledge
starts to go all milky looking. I start speaking bad words and thinking
worse. I had just enough self control to walk away. The Postman rescued
me by delivering a Datafile I had ordered and I went and read that a
while. When I went back later, the milkiness had cleared up and the coat
had leveled out just as Future used to do.

Is there anything else about Pledge that is different than Future? Maybe
I just don't recall Future going milky, but I don't need any more
surprises on a model that far along.

Thx

sp