[WWI] How and when

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Wed Mar 18 05:06:44 EDT 2020

Tack detsamma Magnus!

-----Original Message-----
From: WWI <wwi-bounces at wwi-models.org> On Behalf Of M Berggren
Sent: den 18 mars 2020 09:55
To: World War I Modeling Mailing List <wwi at wwi-models.org>
Subject: Re: [WWI] How and when

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Read more here: phishing.beaware.volvo.net<https://phishing.beaware.volvo.net/>

I don´t know when I found the list. Must have been more than 20 years ago. I think it was when I still was a student at the university.
That was like 25 years ago. :-D
I’m mostly lurking, but I do read most of the stuff that comes along.

Good health to you all in these trying times, Magnus

> 9 mars 2020 kl. 19:30 skrev Diego Fernetti <dfernetti at gmail.com>:
>
> Thanks to a few offlist messages today, I thought that the WW1 Modelling website and its mailing list are the oldest habits I keep while navigating the internet.
> Since I started visiting the website, the connection to the digital world has changed a lot, as we all know it too well.
> Early on, hooking up into the net meant a quite defined purpose in mind even before the "scream of a thousand robots" on the phone line meant we were ready to surf. I learned of the WW1 modelling website by a link PRINTED in a bloody magazine page! I duly followed the arcane words (curses?) and after a series of loading backgrounds, links and whatnot I finally could see the index page, sprinkled with little Albatrosen. Opening a single image in the Gallery meant a lot of patience with my slow internet connection of 1996! And of course, the mailing list archives.... what was that? Who were Sandy Adam, Lee Mensinger and John Impenna? What kind of creature was a Weier? It took me more than a year of learning the ropes to actually subscribe to the mailing list, which meant an average of 80 daily emails on my inbox!
> So, how did you discovered this website and the mailing list? And when was that?
> D.

This email message (including its attachments) is confidential and may contain privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual and/or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail (including its attachments), or any part thereof. If this e-mail is received in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and make sure that this e-mail (including its attachments), and all copies thereof, are immediately deleted from your system. Please further note that when you communicate with us via email or visit our website we process your personal data. See our privacy policy for more information about how we process it: https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/privacy.html