[WWI] “Mojo motivater”

Diego Fernetti dfernetti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:03:03 EDT 2020

Charlie!
Sorry to hear about your partial loss of vision! That's a tragedy and even
more for a fellow modeller.
A very nice kit without fuss is the Roden Junkers D.I. It's fairly accurate
and quick to build, and you can spend some interesting time painting the
corrugated surfaces. A more difficult kit to find, but very pleasing was
the ancient Meikraft Dornier D.I.
As for "lattice tails", the Eduard DH2 is absolutely fantastic OOB, but
quite a handful to tackle.
For something odd, and relatively challenging to build (it has something
like lattice thingies) and extremely fun to put together, the Roden PKZ-2
Austro Hungarian helicopter is a good choice. You might consider making a
simple base like Pedro Soares did
http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/aviation/Roden-1-72-PKZ-2-WWI-Austro-Hungarian-Helicopter.php