[WWI] EZ Line

Paul Thompson flute54 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 14 12:30:23 EDT 2020

If you stretch it between your fingertips till it snaps, it frays. You can
then pull back the frayed ends as far as you want.
My Otto  was done this way:<

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Told you at SMW, if you do that then the stuff will perish. Might take longer in your neck of the woods, but everything I've done it to went after a maximum of 2 years.

To the original question, I don't know what the heavier stuff is good for, but I wouldn't use the fine on anything smaller than 1/48th (I've tried it on 1/72nd and agreee with Steve, it is too thick) . I use charcoal/black/whatever he calls it now for general use, but only because he doesn't do silvery stuff. For French (the CSM Caudron G.3) I used the blue and think it looks alright.
The only real problem with the stuff is that the thickness can vary, so you can waste a fair bit looking for consistent lengths. Okay, it's more flat than round section, but so long as you don't let it twist that's hard to see on the finished item.

Paul.