[WWI] Italian green on SVA 5

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 11 13:26:31 EDT 2020

OK, I looked at some old Americal Italian decals and the roundel and
rudder stripe green do seem a bit toned down from a bright green. I
assume the national markings went on at the factory. Not sure about the
camo, that might have happened at squadron level so the paint may well
have been different. I think my solution will be to paint and camo the
upper surface of the top wing before I attach it. Easier to strip and
repaint if I don't like it.

Thanks

sp