[WWI] How and when

Ernest Thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:16:41 EDT 2020

I'm thinking it had to be in late '95/early '96? My daughter wasn't two years old yet. Maybe not even one.
My now ex wife decided we had to have a computer, with internet access.  I was agreeable to this because I had the
Eduard Hannover in my kit stash, didn't know anything about it, and had heard the internet was a good place to learn about stuff.
So I got a good deal on a new computer that some poor schlub had brought home, and died before opening the boxes.
I connected everything, plugged it in, turned things on, set up an Internet Explorer acct through the phone company, opened
something called a Browser, typed in Hannover CL.II, and immediately found the WWI Modeling Page.
Without actually knowing what I was doing, I managed to subscribe to something called a mailing list from that site.
I was impressed with this internet stuff. On my first cast, I found a veritable goldmine of WWI Aviation esoterica.
It was great. Up until some Argentine bastard showed up with funnier jokes than mine.

E.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry for the Honor and Glory of our Ancestral Gods