[WWI] Heat source for tightening rigging wires

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 8 17:11:46 EDT 2020

I recently bought a digital soldering station that allows a wide range
of temperatures to be set and maintained. While I bought it for other
purposes, it dawned on me that I could set it lower and use it to
tighten rigging. The little iron has a tip that is about 1/8" in
diameter and tapers to a sharp point. Super easy to maneuver between
wings and since it holds temp, no more hurrying to get a hot needle in
place before it cools. I wish I'd had this thing while I was rigging my
Ilya Muromets.

So behind the usual disclaimers, I got mine at Motion RC for about 50
bucks, .... so get 'em while they're hot!   Sorry, I couldn't resist

sp