[WWI] Blackburn T.B (Twin Blackburn)

John Ratzenberger JohnRatzenberger at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 09:28:19 EDT 2018

Blackburn Aircraft since 1909, by A.J. Jackson, has a small section on pages 94-97.

The only pictures & 3-view are as you have already shown.  Your 1st two pictures are of the last production aircraft, #1517, with Clerget engines.  Your 3rd picture is of one of the Gnome-powered prototypes.  Little clarity is offered on BE vs 504 component sources.

The apparent sole duties of the observer was to lie on the lower center section and put out the fire from the pilot’s engine start then climb back into his own side, start that engine and then climb out and put out that fire.

You just cannot make this stuff up.

John Ratzenberger