[WWI] Help on Stitching, Please

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Mon Jan 29 02:38:24 EST 2018

I think the idea is to glue them on somehow, Harry Woodman used to advocate varnish as glue, and they’re supposed to simulate the line of laces on some WW1 types,  especially British, and usually on the fuselage sides, where they needed to be able to open them.  I’ve never tried them myself, as I’ve heard that they’re not completely convincing, and I think also they’re too big, the 1/72 versions being about right for 1/48 and so on.

All from vague memories of the halcyon days when Part p/e was cutting edge.
/Neil