[WWI] AK Interactive wwi aircraft paint sets

Stuart Malone stuartmalone at icloud.com
Mon Oct 30 21:13:27 EDT 2017

Ray,

I bought them and sprayed them out on plastic cards.  It took several coats to get an even color.  I may have been running my compressor too high as I had trouble with getting a good finish as well.  I think I just need more practice with them.  My opinion is these need much more agitation before using than Tamiya.  And finally, these really made a mess of my airbrush.  I have never seen a paint clog my brush so quickly.  Maybe I had some residue from previous use, but it sure seemed the colors of the gunk I pulled out were of those I just sprayed.

For comparison, I also tried a bottle of a Vallejo gundam color that is an off white.  The Vallejo paint went on very nicely after I lowered my compressor PSI and fully cleaned my airbrush.

I’m going to spray the AK colors more and see what happens.  I think the colors are perfectly acceptable, german set, british set, and linen set.  It’s been about 10 years, but the AK colors for all of these seemed to be in the range of the Methuen colors specified for each in Windsock Datafiles.

Stuart Malone