[WWI] Darkening bamboo struts

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Fri Oct 20 03:07:38 EDT 2017

The worst of it is, that I'm veering towards using mahogany and not staining at all. I reckon that if I soak struts made of mahogany deck planking in CA, they'll be quite strong and also the right colour.  Sorry for bothering you all!
I started carving a propeller so as to avoid the whole issue of struts, and then found I'd carved both sides in the same direction. Good thing I've developed a philosophical attitude to this kind of thing.
/Neil