[WWI] Darkening bamboo struts

michael wuyek mawuyek at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 09:51:39 EDT 2017

  I use strips of basswood or bamboo skewers. Dilute the proper acrylic colours and add a little gloss medium to the mix www.wykart.comhttp://www.artscuttlebutt.com/Michael_Andrew_Wuyek

    On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:07 AM, sperry11 <sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

 I used to color them with watercolor pencil and then paint them with a light coat of Fututre to blend. Then when that dried well i would build up the finish with more Future. I was generally darkening them, but a light color pencil might well work to lighten.
sp

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Crawford Neil <Neil.Crawford at volvo.com> Date: 10/17/17 8:46 AM (GMT-05:00) To: World War I Modeling Mailing List <wwi at wwi-models.org> Subject: [WWI] Darkening bamboo struts
I finished the wing-floats for the FBA, and am about to continue with prop and struts. I want to get all the wooden bits done so that I can french polish them all, at the same time.    I plan to make struts from bamboo for strength, but they were dark, so I will need to stain them somehow, any ideas for an easy way of staining them.    Or I could make them easily from mahogany model ship deck-planking, that might be strong enough anyway, it’s what I used to do. /Neil
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or otherwise not authorized to receive this message, you are prohibited to use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this email or any information contained herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system.