[WWI] Darkening bamboo struts

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Tue Oct 17 08:46:45 EDT 2017

I finished the wing-floats for the FBA, and am about to continue with prop and struts. I want to get all the wooden bits done so that I can french polish them all, at the same time.

I plan to make struts from bamboo for strength, but they were dark, so I will need to stain them somehow, any ideas for an easy way of staining them.

Or I could make them easily from mahogany model ship deck-planking, that might be strong enough anyway, it's what I used to do.
/Neil

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or otherwise not authorized to receive this message, you are prohibited to use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this email or any information contained herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system.