[WWI] Wood Effect on Spad 13 and Camel

Diego Fernetti dfernetti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:31:32 EDT 2017

Hi Mike!
The Spad "might" have had some darkish prtective stains on the wood, as
usual practice. I guess that it might have varied between different
manufacturers and diffeent sub-contractors, especially in what was added to
the cockpit equipment. The Spad had a plywood seat, sometimes covered in
cloth, sometimes plainly varnished. One curious photo shows the bottom of
the seat with a wicker weave, like those fancy dinner chairs. The Camels,
however had commonly fitted a wicker seat with a padded rim.
Here come a few photos, sorry if they're big, Allan!
D.