[WWI] Sikorsky Ilya Muromets

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 08:59:20 EDT 2016

SP says

>That had to be a serious pain in the posterior to balance. The stab on the Ilyas was a lifting surface so

>figuring mean aerodynamic chord must be a real treat

Being a lazy bugger at best I'd have compromised by building the tail plane without camber but I assume that if it was being built for "scale" competition the model would require it.

>I expect flying it will put a pucker in your butt, all that time and money. Hats off to a magnificent piece of modeling.

Agreed in every respect.  And I notice that your part of Florida hasn't apparently been blown or washed away, which is a good thing.

Shane

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

Quidvis recte factum,
quamvis humile, praeclarum