[WWI] Brisfit question

Jim Landon thegreatlandoni at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 23:53:45 EDT 2016

Maybe this will help:

https://flic.kr/p/dKQTue

Jim

On May 22, 2016, at 9:15 PM, Karen Rychlewski <wanderer at earthlink.net<mailto:wanderer at earthlink.net>> wrote:

On May 22, 2016, at 5:37 PM, Shane Weier <bristolf2b at hotmail.com<mailto:bristolf2b at hotmail.com>> wrote:

> I’m doing the 1/48 Eduard ‘Brisfish’ with the engine from the Roden kit because I want to leave the top cowling off to show off the engine. Will leave the lower cowlings on it, so the whole lower half of the engine won’t be visible.

I left my F.2b in that state. It looks good, but there is an awful lot of my work hidden away forever inside the lower cowl.

I’ll try to limit the unseen stuff with some trial fitting of the lower cowl; but there are a number of good sized holes in that through which one can see some of the piping.

Inside the cockpit too for that matter. When I saw your request I looked for the (two inch thick) file of research material I had but it's in storage somewhere.  Sorry I didn't help.

No problem, Shane. Thanks for looking.

>But obsession calls for adding a tangle of spark plug wires and other tubes and hoses not provided by the kit parts; if I get frustrated and/or screw it up, I can always slap the top cowling back on it.

Back to modelling for God. I recommend it, though I model for the journey rather than the destination

Aha! Well said! Maybe that’s why I haven’t finished anything in so long: I reach a fork or an obstacle on the journey and just stop and pout instead of persevering forward.

so a lot of invisible work afterwards doesn't matter for me - and it's a great way to hide the evidence when things don't go quite how you imagined ;-)

Good modelling Karen. Show pictures!

Ya. Thanks. Feels good to be sanding plastic   😀
Pix will be coming along in due time.

Karen