[WWI] Brisfit question

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 17:37:49 EDT 2016

Karen says

> I’m doing the 1/48 Eduard ‘Brisfish’ with the engine from the Roden
 kit because I want to leave the
>top cowling off to show off the engine.
 Will leave the lower cowlings on it, so the whole lower half
>of the
engine won’t be visible.

I left my F.2b in that state. It looks good, but there is an awful lot of my work hidden away forever inside the lower cowl.

Inside the cockpit too for that matter. When I saw your request I looked for the (two inch thick) file of research material I had but it's in storage somewhere.  Sorry I didn't help.

>But obsession calls for adding a tangle of
spark plug wires and other tubes and hoses not provided
>by the kit
parts; if I get frustrated and/or screw it up, I can always slap the top
 cowling back on it.

Back to modelling for God. I recommend it, though I model for the journey rather than the destination so a lot of invisible work afterwards doesn't matter for me - and it's a great way to hide the evidence when things don't go quite how you imagined ;-)

Good modelling Karen. Show pictures!

Shane

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

Quidvis recte factum,