[WWI] Brisfit question

Karen Rychlewski wanderer at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 13:01:46 EDT 2016

> On May 22, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Kerry Lynn <kerlyn2001 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Karen,
>
> I miss the days when the instructions used to list the name of every part.  That
> really fed my curiosity as a kid.  Luckily, WNW are getting better in this regard.
> The instructions for 32060 Bristol Fighter F2.b (Post War) identify that gizmo as
> the "petrol filter" (pages 7 and 15).

Thanks for the advice, Kerry.

Duh! I didn’t think to look at the Post War version instructions…not a whole lot of difference between the two, is there? But identifying the parts was helpful.

>  The feed line comes through the firewall on
> the right side of the a/c (though I've seen other photos that show it coming
> through on the left) and then runs from the pump forward, probably to a mani-
> fold.  The best view of a fuel line entering a carburetor is second from the top
> right on page 14.  There, looking just above the exhaust manifold, you can see
> a right-angle brass fitting with a black metal line running to it.

Aha! Got it!

I’m doing the 1/48 Eduard ‘Brisfish’ with the engine from the Roden kit because I want to leave the top cowling off to show off the engine. Will leave the lower cowlings on it, so the whole lower half of the engine won’t be visible. But obsession calls for adding a tangle of spark plug wires and other tubes and hoses not provided by the kit parts; if I get frustrated and/or screw it up, I can always slap the top cowling back on it.

Perhaps not the best choice to get the modeling juices flowing again, but ya only live once…

Karen