[WWI] Brisfit question

Kerry Lynn kerlyn2001 at verizon.net
Sun May 22 12:19:17 EDT 2016

Hi Karen,

I miss the days when the instructions used to list the name of every
part.  That
really fed my curiosity as a kid.  Luckily, WNW are getting better in
this regard.
The instructions for 32060 Bristol Fighter F2.b (Post War) identify that
gizmo as
the "petrol filter" (pages 7 and 15).  The feed line comes through the
firewall on
the right side of the a/c (though I've seen other photos that show it coming
through on the left) and then runs from the pump forward, probably to a
mani-
fold.  The best view of a fuel line entering a carburetor is second from
the top
right on page 14.  There, looking just above the exhaust manifold, you
can see
a right-angle brass fitting with a black metal line running to it.

If you ever need to rebuild one, here's a reference to the carburetor:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc2.ark:/13960/t5bc3vp4f;view=1up;seq=1

Regards, Kerry