[WWI] Brisfit question

Karen Rychlewski wanderer at earthlink.net
Sat May 21 19:00:42 EDT 2016

For our encyclopedic minds:

Where are the fuel lines on the RR Falcon engine?

I’m limbering up the modeling fingers with a Bristol F2B and can’t leave well enough alone. Have been studying photos in the WNW instructions and other photos from various sources, and I admit I can’t find the fuel lines to the engine. There are, I assume, four carburetors—two at the front and two at the back…where do the fuel lines connect and how do they get to the carbs from the fuel tank?

On page 15 of the WNW instructions there’s a photo of the lower firewall; the water pump is the silvery piece hanging down with two large hoses attached to it. What is the little copper-colored gizmo at the very bottom of the firewall and where do its two hoses go?

Any drawings/cutaways/etc. of this engine would be appreciated

Karen