[WWI] Any interested in WW1 Railways?

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Wed Apr 20 06:25:45 EDT 2016

I’m normally as interested as the next guy (and I’m not sure how interested he is).  But I did find this fascinating. Perhaps because we were in Namibia last spring and visited Pomona in the Sperrgebiet (forbidden diamond area). Amongst all the other deserted wreckage of the German era was the remains of the narrow gauge railway they used to transport diamond sand to the factory. There were no locomotives left, but I’ve seen photos of them and they were very similar to these. This sort of brought it all to life, thanks.
/Neil