[WWI] Added:RAF BE2c and more!

Stephen Cox steveoldglebe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:11:10 EDT 2016

Thanks Randy.  There is a build review of the BE2c by Paul Thompson in the
latest Great War SIG newsletter, no. 5-1
   https://sites.google.com/site/greatwarsig/Resources
I haven¹t the mould misalignment problem that he had on any of the four kits
I have.

I did have problems assembling the propeller parts, there¹s a tiny boss and
shaft that need to glue to the tiny gearing block, holding all three parts
and getting enough glue but not too much on the end is tricky for my
fumble-fingers. I spent 10 minutes this morning searching the carpet for the
boss when I dropped it doing my second one. When you get it right the prop
spins really well.
The engine assembly is similarly tricky, but looks the part when done, and
is nicely detailed. There are 8 parts in all for the engine.

The kit has optional fins, and a camera, so there are possibilities for
conversions. What is missing is bomb racks, and a full-chord centre-section,
which would give even more scope.

Criticisms:
There are little pimples on the ailerons and elevators for no apparent
reason, I left them on this build, but I¹ll cut them off on future builds
There are two rectangular pits in front of the front cockpit, again for no
apparent reason. Possibly for gun mounts in a future release?
Cutting some of the delicate parts from the sprue without breaking them is
almost impossible.

Steve