[WWI] WW1 US Blimp

Alan Pask alan at carrsskoda.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 05:41:19 EST 2014

Hi All

That is a picture of a British S.S.Zero Airship gondola. One was sold to the
US, they must have used their own engine. As far as I am aware they did not
make any themselves but they did make 16 B Class Airships using a Curtiss
Jenny fuselage as the Gondola with the envelope resembling a Parseval type
more than a British Blimp. The C class proceeded but I know very little
about these other than it was of their own design.

Alan.

Hei,

Thats likely to be one of the ten C-class blimps which didn`t go into

service until the end of WW1:

 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_class_blimp>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_class_blimp

   BRgds

Knut Erik

Once again I'm mistaken, here is the one that I recalled, it may be based on
the drawings but the gondola is much larger and twin engined.  And too late
to be OT, but worth a look.  At least it has Liberty engines!

Dave

 <http://www.shorpy.com/node/15183> http://www.shorpy.com/node/15183