[WWI] Eduard vs Roden

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Thu Jan 16 02:54:16 EST 2014

I've built two Eduards and not been terribly impressed by either of them. The Sopwith Schneider was dreadful, an old kit, but at least Roden have never done anything that bad. The Spad 13 is good, but I prefer the surface detailing on the MAC Spad 7.  I liked the Roden Albatros DIII, I thought the wing in three pieces was a non-issue.
On my limited experience I'd say there's nothing in it, there are always plenty of other issues before a model is finished, so that fairly marginal differences in the build stage don't matter a lot as long as the kit is dimensionally accurate.
/Neil