[WWI] Filling those indentations on vac wings

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Tue Jan 14 12:25:17 EST 2014

S!
> The answer in my experience is "maybe"
Well yes. Everything can fail. In fact I'm more than interested now to
try this. It might not work properly, as you say.

> The problem with wiping it down with a fingertip, is that if I apply
> enough pressure to remove the excess, i also apply enough pressure to
> indent the putty that's supposed to be filling the indent! I end up
> with reduced but not eliminated lines.
It might take certain practice to wipe off the right amount of putty,
that's true. I guess that a) the amount of putty should be just a thin
"string" over the rib and b) pushing it over the groove with a wet
finger might be with just enough pressure to stick the putty over the
plastic yet no to carry it off the surface. I guess it would take some
practice to get it right and some cleaning up after. Gee, it's the same
with many other modelling skills.
> Fortunately, that's what I *want* usually - to reduce rather than
> remove a panel line. However for filling entirely where there should
> be no channel, not so good.
I usually clog the panel lines with sanding dust., then I paint
forgetting that the model is clogged up.
D.