[WWI] 1/72 RE.8
mkendix at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 17:11:54 EST 2014
A-Model did a semi-decent one but I never bought it - not readily available though now.
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:25:06 -0500
From: fokkereiv at gmail.com
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Subject: Re: [WWI] 1/72 RE.8
The Avro 504 fits rather well in the first year. It was the first British Aircraft shot down in August and in November it was involved in the Friedrichshaffen raid of 4 aircraft Ray
On Sunday, January 12, 2014, Knut Erik Hagen wrote:
If I was to sell in a WW1 aircraft to Airfix management, it would be the Avro 504K.
- their old kit needs replacing.
- numerous versions possible, starting with the Zeppelin shed bombers and night fighters before going for trainers.
- civilian versions possible
- not a very large investment in moulds
- research is easy with several survivors available in the UK
- fits in a boxed set of British trainers along with the Tiger Moth
- aircraft used in many countries
- colourful trainer schemes possible.
- first operations early in WW1 fits with the 100 year markings.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WWI