[WWI] SPAD A.2

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Fri Jan 3 03:27:57 EST 2014

I think I'd do like you say. Either way, you need to get the wings really thin. You can grind the underside of the A-models down to nearly nothing but you'll need to use something like a bottle as a sanding pad, so as to keep the curvature as you sand. You should be able to save the top surface detail and then add new wing-tapes under with decal strip or scribing.
Not an easy job, but any old Tottenham supporter should be able to do it!
/Neil