[WWI] Spinning Props, WAS Hanriot Hd.9

Mike Vice jmikl2957 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 3 03:05:22 EST 2014

Stuart,

                I've tried something similar in the past but my technique
was quite different.  First I used a compass with a cutting blade to make my
circle the same diameter as the prop.  Then I scratched lines on the clear
plastic, as you have done, but they "curled back" from the direction of the
spin, if you know what I mean, rather than in both directions as you have
done.  Then I painted the lines with a very thin mixture of the prop color.
Seemed to work fairly well, but I've not tried it in quite some time.

                                Mike