[WWI] RAF Wires

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 12:52:51 EST 2014

From: jmikl2957 at comcast.net
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:58:43 -0800
Subject: [WWI] RAF Wires

                So my Christmas Gift to Me will be in the mail in a few days.  Now to a question: when did RAF Wires become the standard for rigging RFC machines?  More specifically, does anyone know whether an RFC Pup in July, 1917, would have had RAF wires?                TIA.  Oh, and, of course, ein glueckliches neues Jahr!                                Mike
Mike, I am pretty sure the answer to your final question is yes. It seems that the RAF wires started pretty early although I dont remember when exactly!Rick G.