[WWI] WAS French blue Now French CDL?

Karen Rychlewski wanderer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 22 12:58:18 EDT 2014

On Apr 22, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Diego Fernetti <dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar> wrote:

> Dame K don't be prickly! Springtime is in the air!

But it's Autumn by you

Spring has only reminded how I let the winter slip away without much that was productive.

>> Discussions and arguments about the precise colors used, based on photos of extant planes, is are a hopeless waste of time.
> Agreed.
>> If you want the colors to be 'accurate', paint it with your best educated guess and defy anyone to claim the 'real' color was 2% lighter and a tad more yellow.
> The operative word is "educated" guess.

Absolutely!

> I might want to paint it yolk yellow, alas, it would be taking things a bit beyond the boundaries of education to enter the realm of fantasy…

And the color police that I've seen, heard, and read are skipping past that same boundary…remember the kerfluffle about Fokker streaky coming in colors? I call this model the 'Argyle Fokker'…