[WWI] French blue

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 21:45:03 EDT 2014

Hi David and Gabe,
I do not have the Mr Kit French blue to compare the color of, and unfortunately the Mister Kit USA website is gone, but from what I remember the color that they had was the bluish gray which is similar to the Model Master color US Navy Intermediate blue.  This was the color that I had been using for years for French rudder stripes and cockade centers but according to Alan Toelle's latest research and the Autochrome of a Nieuport 16 in 4 color camouflage, the correct color for 1916 built Nieuports should be a darker blue.  As seen on my latest Nieuport 11 model, which means all the rest of my Nieuports are probably the wrong color...
Dave C