[WWI] Info on TVAL and Omaka

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 04:43:43 EDT 2014

Mike

I like it so much that I moved back...miss the San Diego weather
though ( or the relative lack of weather). They aren't too far away
from me  - I'm in Wellington.

Omaka is near Blenheim - northern end of the South Island and possibly
doable in a day trip from Wellington but I'd suggest at least an
overnight in Blenheim would be better. A nice ferry trip assuming
decent weather (or an interesting trip if you get gales and big seas)
and rental car from Picton  - Omaka is a bit out of town so a car is
recommended.

TVAL shows are at Hood Aerodrome, Masterton which is couple of hours
north of Wellington by car or 90 minutes by train and cab ride to the
airport.

If you fancy something to drink after you have had your dose of petrol
fumes and castor oil both are close to good wine growing country

What else do you need to know?

Aidrian
Beer has no effect on concrete, but unless the concrete is specially
treated the taste of the beer could be affected. (Military Engineering
Vol XIV, Concrete, WO Code No 8626, 1952).