[WWI] FW: Announcement: 05/17/14 Meeting mid-Atlantic Chapter League of World War I Aviation Historians

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:26:40 EDT 2014

This sounds interesting. Perhaps I should go.

From: NicklasB at si.edu
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:03:56 +0000
Subject: [WWI] FW: Announcement: 05/17/14 Meeting mid-Atlantic Chapter League of World War I Aviation Historians

League of World War I Aviation Historians

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE!

this meeting is taking place at

National Air and Space Museum

Washington DC at 7th and Independence SW

http://airandspace.si.edu/

Schedule for Saturday – May 17th, 2014

10:00AM - Museum door opens

10:10AM Meet at the bronze seal by the information desk by the of Milestones of Flight Gallery

10:15AM - Group tour of the Legend, Memory and the Great War in the Air Gallery
http://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/WWI-DC/
This group tour will be led by NASM staff and will be focused upon the group’s interaction and knowledge of the subject in the gallery.
 While there Jon Guttman will present “SPAD XIII vs Fokker D.VII” On September 14, 1918, Brooks received the Distinguished Service Cross for single-handedly engaged eight enemy aircraft in combat, and describes it in a recorded interview that accompanies
 his last SPAD, Smith IV, in the gallery, but Jon will give the rest of the story in detail. Other guest presenters will be announced for this special tour.

12:15 - 1:15PM –
Lunch at McDonalds or if you are inclined please brown-bag it.

1:15PM
-2:00PM – In NASM Briefing Room (Parking Level): Expanded &
Extended Member’s Works in Progress, Show-N-Tell
We have some interesting WIP’s that will be shared at this meeting…
If you have something to share please do so this section of the meeting it is the perfect opportunity to share, request and exchange
 information, and some very good opportunities have come at this portion of the meeting

2:15 - 3:00PM –
In NASM Briefing Room: Presentation by To Be Announced

3:15PM -
4:00PM – In NASM Briefing Room: Presentation by To Be Announced

4:00PM – Meeting room closes

4:00 – 7:30PM On your own tour of the National Air and Space Museum

7:30PM – The National Air and Space Museum closes (Extended Hours Schedule)

We would appreciate an
RSVP as soon as possible so that we can gauge the number of people planning to attend.

There is
no formal membership required to attend therefore if you know of anyone who is interested in this aspect of aviation history they are most welcome.

The parent organization, the League of World War I Aviation Historians, (link)
http://www.overthefront.com/
 publishes a periodic journal and there are dues for that, if anyone wants to join, they are welcome on their own to do so outside of this meeting.

There is
no fee for attending the meeting,

If you have any questions please do not hesitate contacting us

Chris (moorec at si.edu)
Carl (bobrowc at si.edu)
Ted (tedhamady at gmail.com)
Charley (gossec at verizon.net)

 PS: Please feel free to distribute this meeting notice… or contact me if you have any suggestions… or needs….