[WWI] Added:Sopwith Camel Comic

coyotemagic at comcast.net coyotemagic at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 12:44:02 EDT 2014

Thanks, Gabe! According to the references I have, it was painted at squadron level by 44 HDS ground personnel in a glossy dark green dope "close to Methuen 27F8". My research into the Methuen number led me to Brunswick green, both light and dark (how can that be?). I decided to go with dark since it looked more like what a night fight should look like. Almost black. When I tested the paint, it seemed to suck up all light. I liked the results. Very sinister looking.
Cheers,
Bud