[WWI] Hobby shops down under

Shane and Lorna Jenkins sljenkins at tac.com.au
Wed Oct 30 21:08:23 EDT 2013

On 29/10/2013 10:41 PM, Shane Weier wrote:
> Karen
>
> Sydney is a bit of a modelling wilderness. The largest model shop is
> in the Queen Victoria building in the city itself, and has a decent
> but unexceptional selection. I usually spend a half hour there, but
> seldom see anything I couldn't get alsewhere, and probably already
> did.   In fact, the *best* and biggest shop is Frontline Hobbies -
> about 70km north!
>
> The other Syney region shops are smaller, and away from the centre,
> just not in Newcastle.
>
> Shane
>
> (Who at last found the A7V "Mephisto", now installed under plastic
> sheeting at the Railway Museum, where it is still being conserved
> after being flooded in January 2011)

  Ahhh try 150km north of Sydney to Frontline Hobbies in Newcastle

  But yes no really decent hobby shops in Sydney or its surrounds - but
then I'm biased as a ship modeller / mongrel modeller cos we're not
really served all that well in local bricks n mortar shops.

  Though YMMV depending on your tastes

  StY