[WWI] New WNW

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:15:33 EDT 2013

I would have to vote for the E.IV,  Not only did it have the wild double rotary engine, two guns, but it was also used by Boelcke with decent and unique markings that are well photographed.  To me the E.I is more historicaly important in the evolution of fighter design, but looks almost the same as the E.III, while the E.IV with the large cowl fretted with holes and the streamlined metal turtledeck is an impressive sight to behold.

Dave C