[WWI] I am going through all my old modeling magazines.

Gabriel Limon arglim at msn.com
Mon Oct 21 11:28:52 EDT 2013

However, if anyone wishes to post pictures of Diego in red underpants on his search for the elusive Naglo, please post them!

Gabe

From: aew at unh.edu
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:31:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [WWI] I am going through all my old modeling magazines.

Unfortunately I have to echo the grouch on this one. As list owner, soliciting or advertising copying of copyrighted material here on the list could get me shut down. Please take any follow ups to Gordo off list.

In the future, you can avoid any problems, by saying something similar to: I'm scanning through my magazines. If anyone is interested in any information please contact me off list. Once off list feel free to discuss any details among yourselves. What happens off list stays in Vegas.

Gordo, I know your intentions were good, so no harm, no foul. Everyone remember we have to be careful here on the list, which is hosted free of charge at my workplace, the University of New Hampshire and is therefore tightly bound to our legal rules and guidelines, including strict adherence to all USA and International copyright laws.

thanks for understanding,

Allan Wright - List administrator and owner (and the guy that gets fired if YOU break the law on this list)

On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 22:23 +1000, Shane Weier wrote:

    Hi Gordo

    >I am more than happy to scan whatever anyone in the group would need. I know what it is like to

    >seek info on planes and have NO options.

    You should be aware that this is illegal under copyright law almost everywhere in the world. It's become somewhat old fashioned to care about the rights of the owner of anything we can vacuum up off the net, and it's not likely that someone will come looking with a writ in hand, but you *could* get our host in trouble with such offers. It has happened before!

    For what it's worth, if you said "I have all this neat shit about the Scruggs Quadruplane, which is apparently a Naglo copy going by the full construction drawings" that's okay.

    And if someone, Diego for example, is a Scruggs fanatic he could ask for you to copy *some* of the book for him to compare with the Naglo photo he's almost worn out, and that would be okay too, as fair use for the purpose of research.

    But you can't offer the lot.

    And frankly, if you have any Naglo stuff, Diego will beat a path through Brazil, Central America (leaping the canal in his red underpants) and whatever USA states are between him and you, to your door. So *really* don't offer THAT.

    Shane, list grouch

    My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

    Quidvis recte factum,

    quamvis humile, praeclarum

--

Allan Wright - Manager of Software Development

Research Computing & Instrumentation

University of New Hampshire

(603) 862-0084

aew at unh.edu