[WWI] I am going through all my old modeling magazines.

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 08:23:14 EDT 2013

Hi Gordo

>I am more than happy to scan whatever anyone in the group would need. I
know what it is like to
>seek info on planes and have NO options.

You should be aware that this is illegal under copyright law almost everywhere in the world. It's become somewhat old fashioned to care about the rights of the owner of anything we can vacuum up off the net, and it's not likely that someone will come looking with a writ in hand, but you *could* get our host in trouble with such offers. It has happened before!

For what it's worth, if you said "I have all this neat shit about the Scruggs Quadruplane, which is apparently a Naglo copy going by the full construction drawings" that's okay.

And if someone, Diego for example, is a Scruggs fanatic he could ask for you to copy *some* of the book for him to compare with the Naglo photo he's almost worn out, and that would be okay too, as fair use for the purpose of research.

But you can't offer the lot.

And frankly, if you have any Naglo stuff, Diego will beat a path through Brazil, Central America (leaping the canal in his red underpants) and whatever USA states are between him and you, to your door. So *really* don't offer THAT.

Shane, list grouch

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

Quidvis recte factum,
quamvis humile, praeclarum