[WWI] Introduction I fly rc and build plastic models.

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 06:41:14 EDT 2013

Welcome aboard, Gordon.
>From Lafayette, Louisiana

E.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry for the Honor and Glory of our Ancestral Gods

From: GORDO at bak.rr.com
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:04:22 -0700
Subject: [WWI] Introduction I fly rc and build plastic models.

Hi my name is Gordon and I love WW1 era aircraft
for Shure! Most of my modeling has been in Remote Control. Most of my plastic
models are more current but there is a very special place in my heart for the
Standard J1,Waco 10 or GXE and many others my family has either built and flown
or flown in service. I am TOTALLY excited about my next model I  will be
kit bashing(modifying) I am waiting to have a Proctor Enterprises JN4-d2 Jenny
kit to be sent to me from the kit manufacturer Here is the link to
the model.
http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/products/museum/jenny/jenny.htm
I am not his salesman and have no connection with proctor other than having
bought a kit. Here are the rest of his Museum quality kits if you have not seen
them before.  http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/products/museum/museum_scale.htm
I really really had to save for this. I will be dressing her in the way my great
grandfather had painted his J1..... I have found no large scale Standard so I
will be modifying this kit to become the J1. Fortunately The changes wont be
MAJOR  The largest issue I
face is raising the top wing  some. I know there will be cabling changes
and others but they will not be something I can’t accomplish. I have pics of my
family around his planes that are really great! Here is the link to my Facebook
page. If you would like to use them for anything please ask me. These pics have
not been seen before and I have a very kind man rebuilding a real Jenny that is
wanting to make a webpage with the ics and all the family stories.
I will be flying this model after completion. I will be stitching the
fabric on the way they did originally. his model will be as close as possible to
the real J1.The servos will work the original cabling that is a pull pull
design. I will also  have i t set so that the control stick and rudder
pedals will match the control surface movements.
My Grandfather flew many planes in the Army air force and the the air
force During WW2 he wasa
flight teacher for the B-25 teaching skip bombing and everything else!Afer the
war he tried selling VW’s and  finaly entered the service again.. He flew
two tours at Johnson air base in Japan through the late 50’s and early 60’s. At
that time he flew Martin B-57A’s,B’s and D models although he really didn’t like
the D model! I will eventually be making a B-57 to fly as a slope soarer. you
will see in my Facebook page that I have been researching the 57 like MAD!
Also I hear I may be able to get a full size copy of the J1 plans!!!!!WOW
after working on the model the plans will be displayed around my  room in
frames and glass. One of The girls sitting on the J1’s wing is still alive. This
is why I am working to build the J1 so fast. There are so may stories she can
tell about her father and his flying school and one man airlines We still have two
tickets for a ride in his plane!I couldn’t believe it.
I have a TON of 3 views and blueprints for the planes this group
likes. If anyone is needing something like that to make their models
accurate  am the one too talk to! Don’t be afraid to ask.
Gordon
https://www.facebook.com/#!/gordon.cheek.3/photos_albums
https://www.facebook.com/#!/gordon.cheek.3/media_set?set=a.353588898110169.1073741826.100003771855177&type=3
Looking forward to meeting everyone.